It's what's for dinner! Or lunch! This simple salad is light and refreshing, great for a summer meal. It's low in fat, but very satisfying.
I've made this for many friends this summer - and have been asked for the recipe - so here you go.
Peach (or Nectarine) Chicken Salad (serves 4)
- 1 lb. cubed cooked chicken
- About 3 fresh peaches or nectarines, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium cucumber (I like English), seeded and chopped
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 lb string beans, cut into 1" pieces, and steamed lightly.
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, chicken, cucumber, string beans, and onion; set aside
- In a blender combine the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, mint, salt and pepper. Process until smooth. Adjust the flavor to taste.
- Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Optionally, cover and refrigerate to chill.
- Serve over chopped lettuce.
It's especially good with a sprinkle of feta cheese. Enjoy!
P.S. those are apricot halves with a couple of blueberries, just for fun.