Here we have it. Completely Healthy. And Gluten-free. And No Added Sugar. And Vegan. Any other requests??? This dense, chewy breakfast or snack bar is completely no-guilt and very satifying. It's great with a hot cup of coffee, or a cold glass of milk. I'm pretty sure these are very kid-friendly, too.
Like so many things I bake these days, you can add other ingredients to make it your own. I think sunflower or pumpkin seeds would be good, and maybe a little cinnamon. These keep for a few days at room temperature. Personally, I like them cold, so I keep a few in the refrigerator, and freeze the rest, thawing as needed.
And no matter what I tried, I could not make these look pretty in the picture (they do, however, look better in person though, like so many of us ;-)
Hmmmmm..... maybe this one.
Oh well.... never mind...
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Bar - Breakfast on the Go (Gluten-Free, No Added Sugar, Vegan)
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 2/3 cup finely chopped or ground Almonds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 oz good quality bittersweet or dark Chocolate, chopped small
- 14 oz of very ripe Bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Peanut or Almond butter
- 1/2 cup Dried Fruit (I like cherries or apricots)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Grease or line a 9 X 9 baking pan.
- In mixing bowl, combine the oats, ground almonds, coconut, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the bananas, vanilla, and nut butter. Mash thoroughly.
- Add the Oatmeal mixture to the bananas and mix well.
- Gently add in the chopped chocolate and dried fruit.
- Spread mixture evenly in the prepared pan, and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into whatever size bars you wish.