This is the only really good Turkey Burger recipe I've ever found. It's flavorful and juicy and easy to make. You can grill it (be sure to grease your grill though) or you can pan saute it in a little Canola oil, which is what I did because my Grill is out of propane. I've also cooked it on a George Foreman Grill, which is a handy little tool.
I adapted this recipe from one I found online a while ago. This is for 4 burgers:
Feta Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey Breast
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce (or to taste)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat Grill or Pan if pan saute
- Mix together well the ground turkey, finely chopped mushrooms, finely chopped onion, soy sauce, and 1/4-1/2 cup of Feta
- Season with salt and pepper, and form into 4 burger patties
- Place patties on grill or in pan, and cook about 10 minutes, then turn over to second side. If you're cooking it in a pan, keep the heat very low. Sprinkle a little additional cheese and cook on second side until done (see note below). The burger will get dark brown.
- Serve with your favorite condiments, or as is.
Note: Unlike regular beef burgers, turkey burgers cannot be served 'rare' and must be cooked through thoroughly. Internal temperature should be at least 165 degrees. I recommend purchasing an instant-read thermometer so there is no guess work :-)